Skip to main content

Undergraduate Advising

A woman behind a desk listens to a student working on a laptop in a mathematics office

The mathematics department offers personalized academic advising for all Oregon State University students, including undergraduate math majors and non-majors.

Advising appointments

Advisors are available during drop-in advising hours or by appointment and can provide a broad variety of advising services, including assistance with scheduling, lower division program planning, and signatures on a variety of forms and petitions.

Drop in advising

Drop-in advising appointments are for quick services, like obtaining an S/U in a course or questions about course transfer credits. Drop-in advising is for quick questions only.

The Spring term drop-in advising hours are (times are in PST):

Mon: 11:30am - 12:30pm Note: No drop-on May 20
Tue: 2:00 - 3:00pm
Wed: 2:00 - 3:00pm
Thurs: 10:00 - 11:00am
Fri: None

Please check-in at the math office, Kidd 368.

Request an advising appointment

Math advisors are available for appointment via Zoom or in-person for services such as change of major, adding a minor, future term planning, need a PIN, etc.

  • Current Math majors - How to Schedule with your Assigned Advisor

    1. First, find your assigned advisor:
    2. Go to Beaver Hub: and log in using the student login
    3. Search for “MyDegrees”
    4. When you log into MyDegrees, you should see either Sara Clark or Dave Wing listed as your primary or secondary advisor in the first box on your MyDegrees Checklist.
    5. You can request an in-person or Zoom appointment with your advisor through the "Success Team" area of your BeaverHub.
  • Different Name or No Name Listed in MyDegrees?

    • If you don't see anyone listed or you see a different name than those listed in bold above, then please fill out the following webform.
  • Not a Current Math Major?

    • If you are thinking about a change to or add of math major or minor, or just want to talk with one of our advisors, please fill out the following webform.

Webform for appointments if you do not have an assigned Math advisor 

Lower division advisors

For early career math majors or minors (taking 100- or 200-level MTH courses), lower division advisors offer program and scheduling advice, and can provide signatures (e.g. change of major/minor forms) and registration PINs.

Upper-division advisors

Students who are taking 300- and 400-level MTH courses should consult with a member of the Undergraduate Advising Committee. These are the tenure/tenure-track faculty members listed above. These professors can help you with questions about your program, provide signatures or registration PINs, and work with you on career and graduate school planning.